Care & Maintenance
REGULAR CARE & MAINTENANCE
‣ After house construction is completed make sure any builder’s debris or dust is cleaned from the inside of sills to ensure drainage holes are not blocked. This is especially important for doorways that may have been in regular use during construction.
‣ The cleaning cycle should include the removal of build-up in door tracks to ensure the maintenance of drainage paths.
‣ Regular maintenance of hardware is recommended.
‣ Stainless steel hardware needs to be cleaned regularly and care needs to be taken when rust spots occur. Even the highest grades of stainless steel can develop rust spots and these can be removed with a mildly abrasive cleaner and rinsed with fresh water. In cases of heavy corrosion a Scotch-Brite™ hand pad can be used. Specialised 3M® Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish is also available as an alternative cleaning compound.
‣ Glass is a very delicate product that can be easily damaged.
‣ Care is needed to ensure that scratching does not occur. Only detergents and cleaning solutions which are recommended for glass should be used. Begin cleaning by soaking the glass to loosen dirt. Then using a mild, non-abrasive solution, uniformly apply to the glass surfaces. Ensure that the solution is removed by rinsing with water as cleaning residue can permanently mark glass.